What Las Crucians Don't Know About Las Cruces
Here are some fun facts that maybe even Las Crucians don't know about Las Cruces, New Mexico. Number one being that I just called them Las Crucians. Is that even a real term? Probably not. However, take a look at this list of legit and fun facts about Las Cruces that Las Cruc- ITES??? (no, that doesn't sound right either) may not know:
2) Las Cruces makes the world's largest enchilada the first weekend in October at the "Whole Enchilada Festival".
3) Saint Paul's United Methodist Church has seven bell choirs.
4) Las Cruces is one of the fastest growing communities in the United States and has been so for the past decade.
5) The leaves of the Yucca, New Mexico's state flower, can be used to make rope, baskets and sandals.
6) Next to Albuquerque, Las Cruces has the highest population in New Mexico.
7) Las Cruces has been listed as the "best place to retire" by several organizations.
8) Las Cruces shows traces of civilization going back 8,000 years such as the ancient Anasazi people.
9) Las Cruces has won a "safest city" award.
10) New Mexico has a state cookie; the biscochito.
11) Las Cruces was founded in 1848 at the end of the Mexican-American War.
12) White Sands National Monument to the northeast of Las Cruces is a desert, not of sand, but of gleaming white gypsum crystals.
13) It's against the law to carry a lunch box down Main Street in Las Cruces.
14) It's also against the law to dance around a sombrero...but, this is true for the WHOLE state.
For more enlightening information on Las Cruces and all things real estate related see: